HOW IT WORKS
Application for the award couldn’t be simpler:
• Use ‘Sign up’ link, above, to register online anytime
• Create your personal profile
• Login and update your personal profile at anytime
• Apply and build your business plan during the application submission period
• Upload useful documents and cash flows
• Submit your business idea
• AEA team and judges will review all submitted applications by early May 2017
• Ten finalists will be declared in late May 2017 (five from each award region)
• The judges will declare four winners and two runner-ups at the end of June 2017 – two winners and a runner-up from each award region
Every entrant needs to submit their new business proposals in the same format and using a strict maximum word count. The application accommodates a limited number of additional supporting attachments (photos, diagrams, spreadsheets etc). The online application area is a secure environment and details of your business plan will not be shared with any third parties. Even if you reach the final shortlist, no details of your business idea will be published without your prior consent. For full Terms and Conditions of the award program click here
The Award Program Judges, in considering applications, will be looking for Applicants who can show:
(b) Job creation in the Bronx or Miami-Dade County;
(c) Sustainability of the business;
(d) Financial prudence and discipline;
The website will open for applications on January 30th, 2017.
The closing date for applications will be April 27th, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.
After carefully scrutinizing the business plans a list of finalists will be published on this website in May 2017.
By June 30th 2017 winners from each award region will be announced.
The finalists will be named on this website and, subject to the applicant’s approval, a short description of their venture will appear in the site. There may also be some media activity focusing on the progress of the award and naming the finalists.
The winners will be announced during the annual American Entrepreneurship Award Ceremony. The winners will receive funding for their business based on the requirements stated in their business plan. There will be no interest or fees to pay and repayment will be spread over three years. Winners will have to enter into a legally binding loan agreement with a company which is part of the Libra Group and which will be nominated as the official financier to winners of the award. This agreement does place certain conditions on the winner. For further information see our Terms and Conditions. Broadly, however, the agreement will make provision for funds that will be distributed in line with the demands of the submitted business plan.